Do you have a missing tooth? Are you embarrassed to show your teeth because of open gaps? Do you find it difficult to bite or swallow because of a missing tooth?
It is very common to have missing or broken teeth and there are numerous options to fill in those gaps and return your mouth back to function. Dental implants are one of the most common and most popular options for treating missing teeth.
What is Implant Dentistry?
Implant dentistry is a common practice that replaces a missing tooth with a small synthetic tooth to bring the mouth back to its full functioning self. Dental implants are extremely popular choices for people who have lost a tooth, or multiple teeth, due to periodontal disease, injury, or a medical condition.
A dental implant is a small prosthetic post that is placed into the bone of the upper or lower jaw. The post serves as an anchor or root in the bone, making it strong and long-lasting.
Once the replacement root is completely inserted and stable, we will add a customized crown on top of the implant that matches aesthetically to your natural teeth.
Dental Implants vs. Dental Bridges
- Supports jaw health since the bone will remain strong and healthy, which positively impacts both your oral health and the shape of your face as you age.
- Naturally looks, feels, and functions like a real tooth
- Lasts longer with an average lifespan of about 25 years.
- The dental implant surgery is a multi-stage and fairly serious surgery that will require a longer healing time, which can lead to further complications.
- The process is relatively quick, easy, and safe.
- Can be a more economical option than dental implants.
- Dental bridges can lead to the reposition of bone tissue below the crown, which creates instability and a shorter lifespan.
- Most crowns will need to be replaced after 7-10 years.
- Can weaken the adjacent teeth and make them more vulnerable to decay/
If you need a skilled dentist to perform implant dentistry in Mississauga, ON, call our office now! We're excited to help you restore your mouth and regain confidence in your smile.
Feel free to browse through our site to discover the dental services we offer at Dr. Komal Jain & Associates Dentistry. Do not hesitate to contact us for any questions or concerns.